United States - TX, Houston
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a member of the Cloud Engineering and Operations Department, you’ll be part of the infrastructure team responsible for enabling the deployment and ongoing operational excellence of Medidata’s state-of-the-art production data centers. Our infrastructure is growing, and we typically handle multiple design, procurement, ordering, and deployment projects simultaneously. You will be an integral part of these projects and help our company continue its successful global expansion.
Who We Are Looking For: The Network Engineer is responsible for all functions relating to the operations and support of our hosting network technology infrastructure. This engineer must be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, either individually or as part of a team. It is required to perform various levels of projects, support initiatives and help to prioritize the workloads while following our Agile project management methodology. This position is responsible for supporting all network-based activities as part of the Medidata Clinical Cloud Platform. This includes planning and installation of new hardware, monitoring LAN/WAN/Internet circuits uptime and bandwidth while ensuring high network availability, resolving complex client related problems, and designing and implementing all VPN/WAN links within Medidata and with external clients.
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN, WAN, firewalls, routers, load balancers, and switches
- Assist with the designing, planning, implementation, configuration and operations of the local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols of our hosting network infrastructure
- Assist with ensuring the entire network is properly monitored while ensuring all alerts regarding network outages and performance issues are addressed in a timely manner and meet mandated SLAs
- Ability to assist the network and security teams with the administration and support of all firewalls and other security devices used to keep data and communications protected
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of networking and security best practices to offer the best solutions and protection
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues while following proper notification protocols
- The ability to identify network configuration and/or performance irregularities then develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Determine the potential causes of the issues and devise test methodologies for valid
- Experience with LAN / WAN / Internet circuit architecture management and monitoring
- Experience working with AWS Network and Hosting Services along with any other cloud hosting platforms
- Experience with routing- Layer 3, Switching – Layer 2, NAT, WAN protocols is a must
- Proficient with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), VPN and various firewall technologies and vendors
- Experience with network applications and protocols including but not limited to extensive familiarity with DHCP, DNS, WINS, FTP, TFTP, and SSH
- Experience with Cisco routing, switching, and ISE technologies
- Experience preferred with Infoblox IPAM/DNS
- Experience preferred with F5 load balancing technologies
- Experience preferred with Palo Alto firewall technologies
- Working knowledge of various network tools such as ThousandEyes and Noction
- Experience working with SIEMs
- Assist server team support of Cisco UCS technologies
- Assist storage team support of Cisco SAN technologies
- Preferred knowledge of Aviatrix
- Participant in all functions relating to the planning, installation, configuration and operation of the hosting network infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with physical media including but not limited to familiarity with Cat 5/5e/6 and fiber (single mode and multimode) along with creating cabling schedule diagrams
- Applies strong problem-solving methodologies and tools to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems
- Demonstrated experience with various operating systems including but not limited to extensive familiarity with Windows, Linux, VMware ESX, and Cisco IOS
- Strong performance tuning and capacity planning experience
- Must be able to perform effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment while maintaining a high level of service
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
- Comprehensive understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Provide 24 x 7 production support as part of a team and on a rotating basis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to participate in several projects simultaneously
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- CompTIA Network+ certification required
- CCNP certification or equivalent preferred
- CompTIA Security+ certification preferred
- AWS Networking certification required
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Employment OpportunityIn order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Medidata are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Medidata is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Medidata will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Covid StatementOur Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.