Management & Operations
United States - NY, New York
The Customer Experience Operations (CX-Ops) team is responsible for the establishment and management of Medidata’s customer data models and Customer Experience/Customer Success tools. We build the foundation to deliver and continuously improve upon the development and execution of technology, processes, and best practices associated with running a best in class customer experience organization. The CX-Ops Team also serves as a thought partner for strategic initiatives by:
- Tracking progress and pertinent metrics to affirm the right activities are being performed
- Helping interpret and action the aggregated data to incorporate into processes
- Overseeing internal systems to pinpoint exact metrics that provide meaningful criteria
The Operations Manager will play a key role in driving the operational excellence and efficiency of our Customer Success team. The role is expected to act as a business thought partner to CS Leadership, with the main purpose of helping define the objectives, strategy, and tactics for the Customer Success organization. The Operations Manager also provides the best processes, tools and training to our customer-facing team (CSMs) to help them be more efficient in their work - thus helping them focus on their most valuable tasks.
The expectations of the Operations Manager fall into three categories and are inclusive of, but not limited to:
DATA & SYSTEMS:
- Configure, deploy, administer, and manage reports and dashboards to better track Customer Success activities and analyze them to understand what’s going well or not.
- Interpret and action aggregated data to incorporate into processes.
Execute Voice of Customer survey analytics to develop account health and thematic insights to share with the broader Customer Experience team and Medidata organization.
Provide insights to CS Leadership on the team’s achievements and opportunities.
Develop reports and presentations on analytical findings to create a seamless story to directly empower decision-makers at all levels of the company.
PROCESSES & MAINTENANCE:
Partner with Customer Success Leadership to design and implement processes and playbooks for Customer Success Managers that gives them visibility over their actions and the accounts they manage.
Work side by side with leadership to determine the success metrics and targets for the team.
- Execute regular operating mechanisms to clearly communicate progress on CS key performance indicators.
- Coordinate on cross-functional processes that best addresses our customers’ needs that can be aligned and built into our CX tools.
Assist in the development of customer outcome strategies and define the product metrics to provide a clear view on product usage and adoption data.
Lead the Voice of Customer strategy and enable both thematic scoring and account health scoring to drive closed loop workflows in support of overall customer experience improvements.
- Optimize and scale our 1:1 approach and 1:Many customer engagements.
- Determine the timing and content of CSM touch points along the customer journey to drive optimal adoption and net promoter score.
- Develop and manage timing and content of tech/digital touch points along the customer journey that helps scale the messaging and information for all customers.
- Support enablement of CSMs to develop an understanding of contributors to customer health, sources of risk, and trends.
- Report on changes in customer tier to forecast Customer Success hiring needs or re-distribute workload.
- Manage 1:Many communications that sync with CSM outreaches.
- Advocate on behalf of the Customer Experience organization to show our specialization in customer satisfaction technology and best practices.
Your Qualifications / Competencies:
The candidate is expected to have strong research, technical, and time management skills, the ability to own pieces of a larger project, and effectively communicate their progress to the team leader.
- Comfortable working in and contributing to team objectives
- Demonstrates an analytical and critical mindset; Strategic thinking and problem-solving
- Demonstrates rapid, self-driven, experiment-driven learning of unfamiliar technologies, data, and business processes
- Strong project management skills a plus; Detail-oriented, well organized, and an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint and/or Google Sheets and Slides
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Data analytics background and experience
- At least 5 years experience as end-user of a CRM, customer support system, or marketing automation system
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- At least 5 years of experience working in customer success, or equivalent understanding of key customer success principles
- Experience in data analysis, business intelligence, and design of reports and dashboards
- Preferred Additional Experience & Skills:
- Gainsight administration experience/certification
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $85,000. - $120,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.