People Business Partner (Sales)
People & Environment
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The People Business Partner team helps drive the People Strategy across the organization. This role will operate as a “business consultant” and serve as credible, trusted advisor to provide solutions and recommendations to enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes.
The People Business Partner will participate on issues involving talent assessment, succession planning, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, employee and management development, compensation planning, performance management and employee engagement. In other words, a full-service business consultant to a key, fast-paced, dynamic business area.
- Know the business being served to help address the organization and talent needs
- Partner with the HR team to implement and drive the people strategy on talent, resourcing, engagement and culture in alignment with the business priorities to drive results
- Work comfortably with data, being able to spot trends as well as use data to tell a story
- Provide leadership coaching and change management support to leaders
- Partner with managers on effective performance management
- Intervene in employee related issues or investigations
- Partner with senior leadership using strong influencing skills and providing HR guidance and solutions on hiring, career pathing, organizational change, culture, diversity and inclusion, and so much more
- Propose and develop creative solutions to challenges that are identified through an understanding of the business, the conversations that are taking place across the organization, reviews of data and external trends
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Leverages strong business acumen and analytic capability to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to uncover issues & root causes and apply business focused solutions
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Ability to apply and create “best practice” solutions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and have a bias for thoughtful action
- Experience in one or more core HR disciplines (Business Partnering, Compensation and Analytics, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, etc.)
- Skilled at building credibility and effective relationships and is a strong collaborator
- Demonstrated proficiency in coaching, influencing, negotiating, and managing conflict
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A driven, results-oriented professional who thrives in a collaborative and open culture
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Experience supporting a sales organization
- Human Resources, Coaching, Employee Relations and/or Project Management background
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $96,000 to $128,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.