Privacy & AI Analyst
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
This is an opportunity to be part of a privacy team that tackles some of the most complex questions at the intersection of privacy law, technology and life sciences research as part of our tight-knit, dynamic legal department at our U.S. headquarters in New York City. Our privacy team works with all groups across Medidata to incorporate privacy in everything we do in service of our mission: to advance the development of new treatments. Key details about our privacy program are at Medidata.com/Trust.
We seek a Privacy & AI Analyst for our industry-leading privacy program. The Privacy & AI Analyst will report to Medidata’s Senior Director, Associate General Counsel - Privacy & AI, and will work closely with our highly collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- Collaborating with privacy program leads to conduct and document required assessments such as data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), privacy impact assessments (PIAs), legitimate interest assessments (LIAs), and transfer impact assessments (TIAs), algorithmic/model assessments
- Maintaining and regularly updating Medidata’s records of processing activity (ROPA), product data maps, privacy risk register, privacy-by-design forms, AI use case tracker, and other documentation that may be required under our internal policies
- Supporting procurement with the initial privacy assessment of third-parties such as vendors, sub-processors and/or partners; maintaining, updating Medidata’s list of sub-processors as needed
- Supporting privacy leads during internal and external audits, including assisting with artifact gathering, responding to requests for information
- Supporting program gap analyses and providing recommendations for improvement
- Ensure the operational efficiency of our robust data governance program, including managing and coordinating responses to cross functional stakeholder requests for specific use cases
- Agility and a growth mindset; willingness to learn new things and broaden areas of expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; technical and operational competence
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously, and to communicate with technologists and other non-privacy practitioners about complex privacy regimes
Your Education & Experience:
- B.A. and minimum of 2+ years working within a global privacy program.
- At least one core IAPP CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT certification, or a willingness to obtain such certification within 3 months of starting employment
- Strong interest in privacy and developing regulatory frameworks relating to artificial intelligence
- Experience within the healthcare, life sciences, or equivalent industry or regulatory experience focused on data privacy and regulatory compliance is a plus but not required
- Understanding of SaaS and/or working with cross functional stakeholders is a plus but not required
LOCATION: This is a hybrid in-person/remote position based in Medidata’s New York City office. The Privacy Analyst must be available to work from Medidata’s New York City office at least two days per week.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $153,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.