Product Owner, Evidence Generation Intern
Information Technology, Internship
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 20, 2024, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
Medidata AI Evidence Generation connects historical data from more than 23,000 cross-sponsor clinical trials and 7 million patient volunteers with real world data to deliver powerful insights and the necessary evidence clinical development leaders need to increase the probability of trial success.
Your mission as a Product Owner Intern will be to play a key role in driving the development of our products, partnering heavily with key stakeholders across Medidata AI; Product, Delivery, Data Science, and Engineering.
- Translate business needs into requirements for a technical audience, including creating user stories, synthesizing use cases, defining acceptance criteria, and documenting feature overviews
- Work across an interdisciplinary team to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress, help resolve issues, and facilitate team meetings
- Participate in and support interactions with stakeholders to collect business requirements and drive product adoption
- Ability to research a problem, document a planned approach for solving it, and support the project throughout
- You can dig into the details of a problem, but also have an understanding of how your work fits into the larger picture
- Strong analytical skills; experience with and interest in using data to solve problems (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail with ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for development
Your Education & Experience:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s (rising junior or senior) or Graduate degree (in a quantitative or business discipline, e.g. business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field)
- Familiarity with technical and analytics concepts such as databases and APIs
- Experience/Interest within the life sciences or healthcare industries a plus
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. The salary range for positions that will be physically based in New York, NY is $32.00 to $37.00 per hour with a $3,500 sign on bonus.