United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for implementing and improving the organization's proposal process from pre-proposal planning through proposal delivery and support of post-submittal deliverables. This is a Sales support role, part of the RFX & Proposals team, reporting to the Sr. Director, Proposals & RFx.
- Lead the development of compelling sales proposals and other response documents, including written, oral and demonstration requirements in response to customer requests.
- Work with the response team (Sales, other organizational experts and RFX & Proposals colleagues) to assess the opportunity requirements and develop the response strategy and win themes.
- Scope the proposal plan and determine assignments with the response team. Leverage our proposal library and templates to lead response document creation, generally in Word or PPT, editing and finalizing an accurate and compliant document.
- Keep the team informed and on target to complete their tasks with your project management and administration skills.
- Adhere to our QA process ensuring consistency in our process and compliance with organizational policies. After submission, you’ll capture content for reuse in the library and other template updates, as required.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and go-to-market strategies to help you develop proposals and other response documents.
- Handle or manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional project management and administration skills, coordinating and driving delivery from large teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual (creative) communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage a queue of requests/multiple projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven success in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships in a remote-working environment
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Be able to work effectively in a remote environment, as required
- Be willing to work overtime when needed
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in RFX/bid management, proposal development, sales, life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations experience in a related role
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Life Sciences, Business, or a related field
- Knowledge of clinical trial process and related technologies preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat
- Must have experience with proposal automation/bid management software, e.g. Loopio
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- APMP Certification is a plus