Proposals and Contracts Development Consultant
Management & Operations
Singapore - SGP, Singapore
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata
The Proposals & Contracts Development Consultant supports Global/Regional Account Managers, Sales Management, and the Professional Services department in the pricing of our products and services, the development of formal proposals, the drafting of statements of work and the preparation of the financial aspects of RFI / RFP responses. The Proposals & Contracts Development Consultant is an expert in the pricing methodology behind Medidata’s products and services, and interface with numerous departments within Medidata as well as with our customers to share that pricing expertise. The Proposals & Contracts Development Consultant also provides mentoring and guidance to other Proposals & Contracts Developers.
- Oversee the collection of assumptions and parameters required for detailed pricing of Medidata’s software and services.
- Develop proposals and contracts using the company’s pricing tool and/or pricing methodology as required.
- Conduct and/or participate in pricing meetings with internal customers.
- Facilitate required approvals by appropriate management for pricing adjustments and sales order delivery.
- Interface with Legal department staff to expedite legal review and approval of final sales order as required.
- Develop and maintain customer specific guidelines for unique customer pricing and/or sales order formats.
- Facilitate regular updates and maintenance to the pricing tool and contractual templates as required.
- Generate reports using CRM system and maintain system to reinforce Sales Intelligence.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and projects as required.
- Initial focus will be on bids activities
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications, macros and advanced security techniques
- Solid analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Contract management experience within CROs or other application software providers
- Must be able to read/write English and Chinese
- Ability to work within tight deadline
- MNC experience working in cross functional setup
Your Education & Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business, Finance or Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience or equivalent relevant experience
Medidata Solutions International Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.