Python Developer (AWS)
Research & Development
India - MH, Pune
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data.
Role & Responsibilities
- You are somebody who has a flair for product development, creating on cloud apps & services on web, mobile or even native applications across a spectrum of technologies like (C#, Ruby-on-Rails, React, Java/Scala, Python, Snowflake, ETLs). You would be working together with some of the finest minds in the industry to design and architect software components with the highest level of quality.
- You would be leading, inspiring your teams and fellow engineers with your technical knowhow, people skills and passion to change.
- Your primary responsibilities will include hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications with Python, Snowflake & AWS.
- Write, debug, and deploy the code
- Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity, maintainability, and scalability.
- Enforce refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review practices, in order to create maintainable, understandable code.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders; collaborating with testers to ensure quality, and with product managers to turn great ideas into concrete, implementable requirements
- Delight our users by driving consistent improvement in our Platform's usability
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
- We are looking for an experienced Product Development Engineer, with emphasis on development, to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality. In addition, an open-minded, communicative person, who is willing to work within a team of young professionals, with the following attributes:
- 8 to 20 years’ experience of services/application development using technologies like Python, Snowflake, ETLs along with SQL/No-SQL databases
- Experience developing and maintaining production applications
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and technologies a plus
- Experience working in a regulated environment or with clinical research processes, clinical trials domain or life science field, a plus.
As a game-changer in sustainable technology and innovation, Dassault Systèmes is striving to build more inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. We believe that our people are our number one asset and we want all employees to feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. It is our goal that our people feel a sense of pride and a passion for belonging. As a company leading change, it’s our responsibility to foster opportunities for all people to participate in a harmonised Workforce of the Future.