India - MH, Pune
R&D Development Engineer (Kotlin)
Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the backend services Software Engineer will be:
· Build infrastructure to enable distributed team to develop their own lambda functions.
· Design and develop new APIs with GraphQL queries.
· Proactively maintain the APIs and resolve consumer’s issues with best possible solution.
· Implement backend functional and unit testing
· Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure all software meets regulatory standards and Medidata requirements
· Follow agile development methodology and participate in all its ceremony meetings.
· Document new APIs and enable their consumption for the entire enterprise.
· Document technical and process flows
· Share knowledge across the Medidata enterprise with different teams
o Provide technical competency regarding feature design, development, enhancement, and implementation of backend services
o Solve complex problems with pragmatic and maintainable solutions in the Medidata enterprise environment
o Communicate effectively technical and other information to a variety of audiences (engineering, product, management, customer)
o Execute effectively processes associated with the complete software development lifecycle (SDLC)
· An graduate or postgraduate university degree (4year+ course; Engineering, Masters; preferably in Computer Science or other Science/Engineering/Math discipline)
· Four to Seven (4-7) years+ of professional backend service development experience.
· Experience in at least one (1) of the following development technologies / functional languages:
· Kotlin + Springboot Framework
· Experience with git revision control system (preferably Github)
· Experience writing unit tests
o GraphQL experience (Apollo a big plus)
o Functional service development (at least one (1))
o Springboot Framework / Quarkus
o NOSQL database interest/experience
o Semantic Technologies like RDF / OWL
What’s in it for you?
· Provide local benefits to candidate
· Career growth to a lead role
· Work in a fun, young & energetic team
· Very supportive mentor & leaders