R&D Development Manager (Site Reliability Engineer)
India - MH, Pune
Imagine New Horizons
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers.
Join Dassault Systemes-Medidata team to help shape the future of Clinical Studies with data driven products and services. Our data platform is growing and constantly improving, and we are looking for a motivated and experienced SRE Engineer.
What will your role be?
- Hands-on working knowledge of managing applications and services in private and public cloud preferably AWS.
- Programming skills in Ruby Or Java or Python or similar OOP.
- Strong in Linux, Ubuntu and Windows dotnet OS.
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts such as SLO, SLI define and availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning
- Experience with Sumo Logic/Splunk, NewRelic or other log monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation, idempotent deployments testing, continuous delivery pipelines (eg GoCD/Jenkins), and documentation.
- Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting
Your Challenges ahead
- Plan and architect Cloud solutions for busy, high availability applications
- Write automation code to setup apps in a cloud environment.
- Setup end to end CI/CD workflow for Project.
- Setup monitoring & alerting for CI/CD flow.
- Should be familiar with the Agile Development & Deployment process.
- Should be familiar with serverless framework Deployments.
- Should familiar with AWS Services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis firehose, S3, API Gateway, RDS, Redis cache, Route 53, EC2 etc
- Should be familiar with MySQL,postgresQL etc
- Investigate and troubleshoot the local, staging and production environment.
- Setup continuous integration and delivery environment for software development teams.
- You are passionate about DevOps. You love to mentor people and evangelise about best practices and innovations in DevOps.
Your key success factors
- 6+ Years of experience of SRE function as Subject matter Expert in a mature DevOps organization.
- AWS, ECS, Containerization (ECS primary or EKS secondary) development experience in the past
- In-depth understanding of containerized and devops ecosystem.
- Experience with a significant number of AWS services
Good to have skills
- Shell Scripting, Terraform would be a plus
- Ability to take requirement, direction and drive forward and engage with stakeholders to arrive at value outcomes
- AWS solutions architect certification is a plus or related certifications