Regional Account Manager
Japan - Tokyo
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Regional Account Manager is responsible for achieving revenue objectives in Japan and APAC. This includes identifying sales opportunities from Pharmaceutical and Life Science customers, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. This position is responsible for developing new business in the life science industry. The position will be responsible for building relationships with assigned accounts in pharmaceutical customers and continuously generating business while deepening your understanding of the client's business.
● Develop and execute strategic sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities within assigned territory in mostly pharmaceutical customers. (Existing Account Management 90% / New Account Development 10%)
● Represent Medidata and Life Science Engagement in the field in a manner consistent with Medidata and Dassault Systèmes business principles and ethics.
● Directly responsible for analyzing customers, creating sales plan, execute with the team and closing sales transactions with clients and prospects.
● Formulate and lead project teams with sales, solution consultant, service and other departments in Medidata and Dassault Systèmes coordinating with other departments as the project lead.
● Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company stems as directed.
● Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document.
● Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
● Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets.
● Strong application software sales experience.
● Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals.
● Working knowledge of life sciences industry.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated success with process approached selling.
● Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness.
● Strong business planning and organizational skills.
● Command of Native Japanese (read/write/speak) is required. Fluent English skill is preferable, but not mandatory.
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree required in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
● Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred.
● Experience in IT, pharmaceutical and medical device is plus.
● Typically requires 5 – 8 years of direct client facing service and sales engagements.