Regional Sales Director
United States - CA, San Francisco
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As Director of Sales, you will be responsible for leading a sales team in the West Region to identify & qualify sales opportunities to achieve our assigned growth and business objectives. The qualified candidate will work on the front lines, coaching his / her team on a daily basis to cover the market, helping our target customers leverage software, services, data and analytics to re-imagine clinical trials. The Director of Sales is also responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction through personal involvement in customer relationships in order to grow our presence in the market and remain consistent with Medidata’s mission and business principles.
- Management of a team of Sales across the West Region of the US as part of the responsibility for driving bookings and revenue within the assigned Territory
- Coach and develop each member of the team to stretch and grow professionally in alignment with their development plan.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
- Development and execution of strategic sales plans as they relate to specific opportunities and accounts within assigned territory
- Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed
- Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Strong application software sales experience
- Working knowledge of life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; 5 or more equivalent years of experience and demonstrated success in a similar role
- Experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations desirable.
- Experience in SaaS or related technology sales highly desirable
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in San Francisco, CA. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than San Francisco, CA may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $147,750 to $197,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.