United States - MA, Boston
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves over 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users daily to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com ;
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and we have global operations in the US, Europe, and Asia with over 2000 employees.
About Medidata AcornAI
Medidata’s journey started in 1999 when a scientist working on his first clinical trial waded through inefficiencies and delays – and knew that technology could improve the process. Almost 20 years later, we've grown to be the leader in clinical technology. In 2019, we launched Medidata AcornAI to meet changing biopharma needs as companies rapidly progress to the age of precision medicine.
Built on our platform with the industry’s largest structured, standardized, and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients, Medidata AcornAI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. Our team comprises over 40 Ph.D./Masters health services researchers, epidemiologists, statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians, and computational genomicists.
Medidata AcornAI’s Delivery Team is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the industry’s most complex questions today using our proprietary AcornAI platform and advanced analytics. In this role, you will engage with clients throughout projects to ensure the best analytical approach, successful delivery, and client satisfaction. At Medidata AcornAI, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all key stakeholder functions, including Product, Data Science, and Engineering, Research and Partnerships. Successful candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s journey of powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team comprising diverse stakeholders to gather and analyze information, formulate research questions, generate and test hypotheses, and communicate the findings and recommendations on some of the most complex issues faced by the healthcare industry today
- Formulate, perform, and disseminate analytic findings to guide internal strategy and external client decision making
- Drive problem-solving with product owners, researchers, data scientists, and other stakeholders to identify the analytics needed to answer client questions and generate impact in line with our mission
- Plan own research workstreams; track and communicate progress and decisions clearly; triage issues to the appropriate internal stakeholder; ensure timely, effective, and accurate issue resolution
- Develop external communication materials, translate and summarize technical information for business audiences, and develop key messaging
Your Education & Experience:
- Advanced degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, Pharmacoeconomics, Health Services Research or equivalent. Ph.D. is a plus.
- 0-1 years (2-4 years for Senior Research Consultant) of research experience outside coursework in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: academia, management/healthcare consulting, life sciences, data, and analytics
- Experience analyzing data at the patient, physician, or payer level (e.g., electronic medical records, clinical trials, registry data, administrative claims, specialty pharmacy, wholesale, etc.)
- A strong analytical background and the ability to quickly digest and evaluate complex analyses with a keen eye for detail
- Experience with SQL and familiarity with R / Python / SAS
- Ability to synthesize published research and internally generated analytical insights and process issues and effectively communicate them to mid-to-senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Can drive forward even amidst ambiguity (people, process, data) and complexity
- Willing to master the detail when you need to but also zoom out and have a view of how to shape the bigger picture
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding and addressing complex issues with a data-driven approach
The Following Will Be Helpful But Are Not Essential
- Experience with open-source common data models (e.g., OHDSI/OMOP, CDISC/SDTM/ADaM, Sentinel, etc.)
- Experience working in Life sciences or across the healthcare value chain
- An entrepreneurial drive and a passion for advancing the development of new treatments
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on different ways to solve a problem
- Strong project management (including structuring, estimation, execution, monitoring, and escalation) and a relentless drive to get things done
Medidata makes a real difference in patients’ lives everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $78,000 to $104,000.