Solution Consulting, Product Specialist – Detect/CDS
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Solution Consultant you will work as a member of the Medidata pre-sales organization as a subject matter expert for our Detect and Clinical Data Studio (CDS) offering. As a pre-sales Detect/CDS Product Specialist you will work collaboratively with the Sales Organization in developing client strategies, and preparing and delivering presentations leading to adoption of the Medidata platform. The Detect/CDS Product Specialist will serve as a trusted advisor and will be required to have the executive presence and ability to communicate effectively to all levels within any Life Science organization.
- Maintain an expert level understanding of all of the capabilities in our Detect/CDS offering including but not limited to detailed product functionality, underlying technology, client usage, service delivery, product roadmap, and competitive landscape
- Support Detect/CDS customer engagements, including sites, in collaboration with other Solution Consultants across multiple sales theaters
- Develop and distribute product messaging and collateral for use by the Solution Consulting Team
- Develop standardized templates for value messaging and business cases to use for Detect/CDS partner proposals
- Provide solution assurance to proposals from a product perspective
- Execute Client discovery sessions and synthesize outcome based presentations
- Work closely with Product Development on client feedback, prioritization and roadmap of new functionality
- Work closely with Professional Services to understand and articulate client adoption scenarios and paths and aid in the scoping of engagements
- Work closely with Partner Team to help define delivery and adoption scenarios, including study by study and back office, involving direct to
- Partner or Sponsor/Partner engagements
- Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
- Expert knowledge of the Data Quality and Risk Surveillance market as well as Data Management and Data Science background
- In depth expertise in Data Platforms including data ingestion, extraction and translation
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/device clinical trials R&D process, EDC Software, including CROs
- Extensive knowledge of existing landscape of Life Science technologies, software and service providers
- Experience in working with and presenting to customers
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong client discovery, analytical and technical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent years of experience
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $116,250 to $155,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.