Internship, Research & Development
United States - NY, New York
About the Company:
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more atwww.medidata.comand follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 20, 2024, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
About the Team:
Develop/Maintain test automation for Rave and Rave EDC applications.
Goals: This project will be focused on designing automated test scripts to maintain the quality of the Medidata Rave and Rave EDC software products. The Software Development Engineering in Test (SDET) intern will maintain automation frameworks, tests and finding issues before application are released. SDET intern will work with other SDETs, Developers and other Test Engineers in small scrum teams to develop high quality software in speedier and cost-effective way.
- Gain high-level understanding of underlying test frameworks
- Understand architecture of automation test frameworks
- Understand validation process under Agile methodology
- Gain understanding of BDD concepts
- Follow Medidata's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
- Work with Agile team members, with Software Quality Assurance, Developers and Product Management, to write clear and comprehensive automated feature files
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint grooming/planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
You will work alongside Rave's Testing team, and Rave's agile team which specialize in developing high-quality software.
- Currently pursue a Bachelors/Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- And problem solving skills
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize activities to achieve results
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts
- Some experience in programming in .NET, C#, SQL Server.
- Experience or familiarity with Source Code Control
- Some Knowledge of Testing Techiques
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base hourly pay range for this position is $32.00 to $37.00 an hour and a $3,500 sign on bonus.
#LI Recruiter Hashtag