Senior Agile Project Manager
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
We're looking for a Senior Agile Project Manager to join our team in London developing cloud based software solutions for clinical trials.
You will manage internal software development projects in a regulated environment. The Senior Agile Project Manager will also work across the portfolio with Product Managers, functional partners and management to ensure standardised processes are established across the software development lifecycle and release management to lead the development of high quality, high value software products within an Agile environment.
You will report to Senior Manager, Technology PMO.
• Can demonstrate command and control of meetings. Have total respect and confidence from the team at all levels and is effective at doing so
• Can construct presentation material, and deliver it, to audiences of any level. Communicate considerately, in a mature and controlled manner (both verbally and written)
• Full accountability for release planning: management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects. Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle
• Ensure that the Product Team meets schedule, scope, resource/cost, and quality targets using the Agile/Scrum SDLC
• Responsible for product release coordination.
• Responsible for Risk Management. Anticipate and manage risks, publish a product team risk register, and offer creative solutions
• Perform Scrum Master functions: schedules and lead the release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming and daily scrum activities
• Perform metrics driven release tracking, Team performance, Product Quality reporting
• Lead product teams in adopting Agile / Scrum methodology via training and coaching.
Your Education & Experience:
• Previous project experience managing technology intense application projects.
• Background in applying rigorous project management practices
• A history of delivering commercial software products, on-budget with the agreed upon scope
• Experience implementing large-scale systems
• PMI certification (for example, PMP or PMI ACP, or PRINCE 2)
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required
• Background in a regulated environment
• Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC required
• Proficiency with Jira Agile, Confluence, GoogleDocs
• Experience managing release planning till release deployment
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.