Senior Applications Engineer
Research & Development
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata's ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
We work on Medidata's next generation of SaaS-based clinical trial management applications, and you will play an important role in developing our new platform. Don't worry if you don't have experience in our industry or even our exact tech stack: our philosophy is that if you have a solid foundation in application engineering, a team focus, and a willing attitude, we will train and invest in you to develop your skills with our technologies.
Our platform provides a powerful way for clinicians to design and compose studies, which aids proactive decision-making, reduces risk and costs, improves patient safety, and reduces time-to-market for a drug or device. Put another way, it's saving lives. This product is used by over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centres and contract research organisations around the world.
You will report to the Engineering Manager on one of the teams developing study-building interfaces for medical professionals. We write full-stack code with attention on availability, reliability, and automated CI/CD. Our development team is located in mostly in New York, though others contribute from other locations around the world. In the end, it matters less where you are than how well you communicate with colleagues and write code.
Who we're looking for:
- Experience programming in React/Typescript/Node
- Experience developing cloud-based web applications or services
- Experience working in a microservice ecosystem and developing cloud-based web applications.
- Propose and prototype solutions to complex business problems and translate them to technology.
- Provide accurate impact analysis, technical assessment, and documentation.
- Contribute to and advocate for industry-standard engineering practices for the team
- Collaborate in troubleshooting any production issues, and provide possible workarounds and solutions in a timely manner.
- Work positively and productively with other developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts
- Be a positive voice in daily standups; contribute in retrospectives and demos.
- Collaborate with diverse and globally distributed team.
- Passionate about software product development.
- Experience working with cloud technologies like AWS.
- Thorough knowledge of basic security concepts, such as authentication, authorisation, and auditing
- Experience with Github, Jira, and other CI/CD services.
- Thrive in a dynamic and diverse team culture.
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience from on commercial B2B / Enterprise SaaS offerings.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City / New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than NYC / NJ, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $143,962.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata's non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.