Senior Applications Engineer, Front-End
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps create the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and improve outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Your team will be responsible for Medidata's Patient Cloud platform. Our users depend on our products to participate in any clinical trial using web, mobile and sensor-based solutions. We focus on the patient experience and aim to provide engaging solutions that fit into people's everyday lives. We make clinical trials faster by reducing burdens for both patients and study personnel.
We're building our platform on top of a few core principles and technologies:
• SaaS-based applications using Ruby, Rails and other object-oriented languages
• Single page application technologies using React.js
• Data intense workflows using PostgresQL, MySQL or similar relational data stores
• Enterprise-class APIs patterns and protocols with REST and GraphQL
• Automated development and testing harnesses using Travis, GoCD and cypress.io
• Cloud-native infrastructure and deployment services
What we're looking for:
As a Senior Applications Engineer, you are an important part of our team building cloud native, web applications. You will report to the manager of engineering and work with a team lead on a daily basis. You are a motivated, hands-on developer, passionate about building scalable solutions and will individually contribute in the following ways:
• Independently implement solutions for features within your area of expertise including delivering new projects from scratch
• Write code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability by following coding best practices and using patterns wherever possible
• Demonstrate a holistic mindset when developing new modules with a focus on the big technical picture
• Write and review PRs with a focus on ensuring best practices and improving our products.
• Communicate and work with leaders to schedule and guide the delivery of features, estimate tasks and follow our Agile development process
• Showcase your experience by participating in high impact, challenging engineering problems while raising the standard of quality in our products
• Stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
• Follow Medidata's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
Requirements (Education & Experience):
• At least 4 years of experience building enterprise single page applications using react.js
• Understanding of system design principles and architecture
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience with enterprise solutions
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $114,750 to $143,962.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $121,500 to $149,241 .
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $113,250 to $157,586 .
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $101,250 to $135,000.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $102,750 to $146,104.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.