Senior Applications Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Research & Development
Japan - Tokyo
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.comand follow us @medidata.
As a Senior Applications Engineer, you will be building critical Platform services that support the products used every day by our customers around the world. Quality and standards matter to us - we strive to positively influence the Technology organization through close collaboration and attention to detail. While our projects span various core services within the Platform, our mission remains constant - increase Medidata’s velocity of innovation by raising quality across all teams while maintaining our transparent and trusting team culture.
● Write, debug, and deploy frontend and backend code using a variety of programming languages and frameworks, including Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
● Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability.
● Create maintainable code through refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control, and review practices.
● Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
● Advocate for transparency and knowledge sharing across the organization through regular blogs, reveals, and pull requests.
● Delight our users by delivering consistent improvement from user feedback.
● Create clear, thorough documentation that sets up other teams for self-guided success.
● Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
● Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails as a versatile all-rounder.
● Versatility in tackling multiple aspects of microservices development and architecture.
● Strong problem-solving ability for complex technical challenges.
● Self-driven and self-motivated with a goal-oriented approach.
● Confidently share perspectives while demonstrating flexibility and openness to alternative viewpoints.
● Contribute to a positive working environment.
Your Education & Experience:
● 5+ years experience with Ruby.
● 5+ years experience developing and maintaining production applications.
● B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
● Experience in leadership and management roles is a plus.
● Experience using AWS cloud infrastructure and technologies a plus.
● Experience working in a regulated environment or with clinical research processes a plus.