Senior Business Analyst
Brand User Experience
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata Product Management team is looking for a smart, talented and very driven Senior Business Analyst to be an integral part in the development of the new generation of Clinical Trial Management Systems that will simplify the operations and management of clinical trials, so that we can help to reduce the cost and accelerate the speed to market for key treatments with the aim of reaching more patients in need and faster than ever before.
The Senior Business Analyst will interface with industry experts, product managers, engineers, project managers, architects, UX/UI, and domain experts to help drive innovation within a range of Medidata’s CTMS offering. The product is built primarily for external users and also integrates with other Medidata offerings to meet oversight and monitoring of the end to end activities in any clinical trial.
- Understand client needs and market trends and conduct a number of market and business research activities.
- Conduct discovery sessions with a range of stakeholders to identify key user needs and pain points and perform complex business, user and system analysis in accordance.
- Interact with other Business Analysts, Product Managers and internal stakeholders to understand how CTMS offering can meet the operational and regulatory requirements established as industry standards.
- Define functional and non functional requirements and document the technical requirements and user stories with a well defined acceptance criteria as well process mapping and other documentation necessary to deliver new features and products in support of current and future customer and product needs.
- Participate in the development of Medidata’s end to end solution to manage a trial’s CTMS artifacts, including the leverage of data and information from Medidata’s suite of clinical technology products.
- Become the subject matter expert and product expert for the products surrounding this offering.
- Interact with architecture, engineering, technical writers and quality assurance teams during the software build and/or configuration and testing process.
- Assist in supporting product launches and upgrades.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined specifications and industry standards
- Document design decisions and issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level.
- Review, comment and follow-up on product defects as required and inform the correspondent Product Manager.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalate when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings, including all agile meetings, and make valuable contributions.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive product decisions.
- Superior skills and extreme attention to details to analyse and document complex process mapping, user journeys, gap analysis
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in an agile development environment.
- Experience translating business needs to a technical team and technical needs to a business team
- Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail with ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for development
- Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (in a technical, quantitative or business discipline, e.g. business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or related field)
- At least 5 years of Business Analyst or Product Management experience required in the clinical trial arena
- Experience managing complex processes involving many stakeholders and competing priorities
- Experience defining functionality and managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
- Experience conducting workshops with a range of stakeholders to identify key user needs and pain points and creating technical documentation outlining the collected requirements