Senior Data Engineer
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps create the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and improve outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Your team will be responsible for Medidata's Patient Cloud platform. Our users depend on our products to participate in any clinical trial using web, mobile and sensor-based solutions. We focus on the patient experience and aim to provide engaging solutions that fit into people's everyday lives. We make clinical trials faster by reducing burdens for both patients and study personnel.
What we're looking for:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are an important part of our team building strategic data pipelines into the Medidata Unified Data Platform. You will report to the Director of engineering and work with multiple product teams daily. You are a motivated, technical data scientist with experience transforming data sets and will individually contribute in the following ways:
- Manage complex data transformations for Patient Cloud into the larger Medidata data warehouses
- Create new data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the product need
- Analyze complex data structures, elements and systems to create performant pipelines
- Develop logical and physical data models that are efficient and best suited for the intended use
- Partner with product teams to develop a data management strategy in-line with our goals
- Communicate and work with leaders to schedule and guide the delivery of features, estimate tasks and follow our Agile development process
- Stay current with new technologies and data engineering concepts
- Follow Medidata's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
Requirements (Education & Experience):
- At least 5 years of data engineering experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience managing high-volume data processing streams
- Familiarity with building data visualizations and dashboards
- Experience with tools like snowflake, SQL or similar
- Experience with data engineering, database management, business intelligence and data transformation tools
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience with enterprise solutions
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $143,962.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.