Senior Director, Business Development
Marketing & Communication
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Senior Director, Business Development is responsible for overseeing the EMEA Business Development organisation responsible for identifying buyers and influences, building relationships and delivering sales qualified pipeline. Supporting our EMEA Enterprise, Mid Market, Inside Sales, and Partner sales teams, you will lead the organisation in partnership with Sales leadership to deliver on corporate booking targets.
- Engage with Sales leadership to review plans, results, and ensure organisational goals are aligned
- Establish strategic objectives and operational goals for the EMEA Business Development team
- Develop compensation structure and plans for Business Development including metrics, quotas and MBOs
- Oversee the development of prospecting plans, including outbound calls, email, and mail campaigns to effectively make direct contact with prospects
- Ensure dashboards and reports are developed to evaluate team productivity and performance
- Oversee the onboarding process for new Business Development team members in collaboration with Sales Enablement
- Maintain the overall Business Development prospecting process, including qualification process, Salesforce usage and Sales handover methodology
- Act as an evangelist for the role of prospecting into new accounts and new buying centres / functional roles within existing customers
Proven record in selling complex Enterprise level B2B software and related services
Demonstrated track record of exceeding sales targets
Experience managing managers and leading multiple teams
Strong communication, interpersonal, public speaking, and leadership skills
Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
Proven success in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Your Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience.
Requires experience managing Managers.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.