Senior Director, Creative Services
Marketing & Communication
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As the Senior Director, Creative Services, you will report to the VP, Head of Brand Marketing, and lead the Creative Services team in support of the Medidata brand and Life Science Engagement (LSE) portfolio of brands. In this role, you will own the overall vision, strategic direction, and operational excellence of the Creative Services team while managing the brand marketing strategy and execution through design, video, and editorial content creation.
- Design and implement content creation strategies and plans within each functional area of the team, ensuring clear objectives and success metrics are defined in support of marketing and business priorities
- Reinforce existing operating models while continuously seeking opportunities to improve processes and procedures that contribute to better team communication and creative development
- Collaborate and foster relationships across Communications, Campaigns, Digital, Demand, and Product Marketing teams in support of efficient, on-brand content creation
- Oversee and maintain relationships with external agency and freelance content creation partners through regular meetings and portfolio reviews
- Independently manage several workflows across video, design, and editorial capabilities that require a meticulous sense of detail and understanding of the overall brand strategy and vision
- Manage our visual identity refresh and development of a bold new brand story, highlighting the value of the Medidata platform, data story, industry solutions, and LSE portfolio
Exceptional understanding of the creative process and how to represent the vision and execution of a creative brief
Strong communicator and creative problem solver with an ability to collaborate across multiple teams leveraging prioritization and relationship management skills
Experience working with a wide network of partners in creative execution on a global team
Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to lead, inspire and foster creative teams
Your Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Branding, Business, or related field
Minimum 10 years of creative development experience in an agency or in-house environment including prior experience leading a team
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $160,000 to $180,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.