Senior Lead Customer Success Manager
China - BJ, Beijing
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Senior Lead Customer Success Manager is responsible for driving the ongoing satisfaction, adoption enablement, and outcomes realization for Medidata’s customers. They act as internal champion to coordinate the cross-functional motions required for sustained customer success and growth. Key focus areas will include retention, advocacy, adoption, and growth for a defined portfolio of customers.
- Lead the development and execution of action plans to achieve identified customer outcomes for a defined portfolio of accounts
- Manage customer interactions in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a business advisor to a specified portfolio of accounts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to shepherd customers through an optimal customer journey that engenders strong satisfaction, supports high-levels of software utilization, and enables true business value attainment.
- Maintain an effective account governance process in collaboration with customers key stakeholders as well as the internal account team.
- Execute growth, advocacy, and adoption plays at named accounts to increase customer utilization, maturity, and drive demand for incremental solutions.
- Lead the development and measurement of key performance indicators for a defined portfolio of accounts.
- Administer a customer ambassador program to develop customer specific case studies and references
- Maintain a portfolio of accounts with low churn, high adoption, and high health scores.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-functionally to complete full resolution by developing and running cross-functional remediation/escalation plays.
- Provide timely updates to commercial teams about potential qualified opportunities.
- Continually work to evolve and improve the Customer Success discipline within and across Medidata
- Advocate on behalf of the Customer Success organization, internally and externally, to show our specialization in customer satisfaction, adoption, and outcomes enablement.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to extend the reach and capability of the Customer Success team
- Familiarity with customer success organizations
- Strong orientation toward problem solving with a systematic and managed approach
- Strong technical aptitude with an ability to understand SaaS and software business models
- Extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams
- Urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Strong empathy for customers
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen including experience working in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Strong executive presence
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years life sciences or medical devices industry experience
- Minimum 5 years in marketing, customer success, sales, or services
- Minimum 5 years in a direct customer facing role
- Familiarity with clinical trial software or similar a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
- Clinical trials expertise a plus
- MBA or similar a plus