Senior Lead Customer Success Manager – Remote
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Senior Lead Customer Success Manager is responsible for the ongoing satisfaction, adoption enablement, and outcomes realization for an assigned portfolio of complex Medidata Partners. The Senior Lead will work with Customer Success Management to ensure team best practices, policies, and customer-first initiatives are met. They act as internal champions to coordinate the cross-functional motions required for sustained partner success and growth. Key focus areas will include partner retention, advocacy, adoption, and growth for a defined portfolio of partners.
- Lead partner interactions in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a business and thought partner - Collaborate cross-functionally to lead partners through the Medidata customer journey to achieve strong customer satisfaction, platform adoption, and partnership success - Maintain an effective account governance process in collaboration with Medidata and customer stakeholders - Partner with each partner to define and track measurable success plans with clear outcomes; ensure cohesive communication across internal and customer audiences at all levels - Serve as the Voice of the Customer within Medidata by providing customer feedback to the product team to inform the roadmap - Collaborate cross-functionally to extend the reach and capability of the Customer Success team - Use customer data to articulate the Medidata value and make recommendations for platform optimization and new product solutions - Serve as a mentor for junior team members - Proactively identify customer risks and partner cross-functionally to recommend solutions and action plan to improve customer health
- Strong orientation toward problem solving with a systematic and managed approach
- Strong technical aptitude with an ability to understand SaaS and software business models
- Extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams
- Urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Strong empathy for customers
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen including experience working in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Strong executive presence
Your Education & Experience:
- Life sciences or medical devices industry experience preferred
- Minimum 10 years in customer success, sales, or services
- Familiarity with clinical trial software or similar a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
- Clinical trials expertise a plus
- MBA or similar a plus
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $114,750-153,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $121,500-162,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $113,250-151,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $101,250-135,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $102,750-138,063.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.