Senior Manager, Business Development EMEA
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Manager, Business Development is responsible for a team of business development specialists.
This is a high profile role vital to keeping the EMEA sales pipeline full of highly qualified sales opportunities. Reporting to Managing Director, Global Business Development, this is an excellent opportunity to transform an existing team to drive strong pipeline and have an impact on EMEA sales results.
- Develop, coach and hire top business development talent within the team
- Work closely with EMEA Sales Leadership to build a business development strategy that meets the growth needs of the business
- Use data to make decisions on where to focus people and digital resources in building a high-volume lead generation engine
- Represent Medidata Solutions in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team in times of change
- Demonstrate a data-driven approach to drive lead generation
- A consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Ability to conduct market level analyses to identify opportunities, and develop and execute acquisition strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or relevant experience managing and motivating a sales team
- Track record of success in driving software sales and exceeding targets (Minimum 5+ years experience)
- Experience managing inside sales / lead generation teams (Minimum 2+ years experience)
- Life Sciences industry experience prefered but not essential.
- BDR or SDR sales experience preferred