Senior Manager, Data Science
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
We are looking for a driven individual to lead the modeling effort for our Intelligent Trials Product. Medidata’s Intelligent Trials Product is an industry leading application to help organizations that run clinical trials to plan and track the progress of trials. In order to maintain leadership in this space, we are seeking an individual who is able to drive the modeling efforts in ways that not only improve the accuracy of our existing forecasts, but also identify new metrics of concerns within clinical trials.
- Development lifecycle and what it takes to write clean maintainable code.
- Ability to diagnose problems in a complex cloud applications that spans multiple AWS services such as Lambdas, Sage Maker and ECS
- Prior experience is clinical trial forecasting is a plus but not a hard requirement. We are looking to innovate and therefore new perspectives are always welcome
- Experience in evaluating model performance in a statistically rigorous manner
- Ability to be creative in thinking of ways that disparate datasets can be brought to bear on existing problems.
Your Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree with 6 years of experience in building and deploying models or a PhD with 3 years of experience.
- Experience coordinating the development and deployment of a large complex data science project.
- 3+ years of experience in R, Python and SQL with a good understanding of the software
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $153,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.