Senior DevOps Engineer
Research & Development
United States - NY, New York
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences,
creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary platform and advanced analytics. At Medidata, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including product, delivery, data science, engineering, partnerships, and biostatistics. Successful Medidata AI candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication, and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a senior developer with 6+ years experience building automation for devops and management of cloud-based web applications or services, enabled with multi-tiered application development experience. You’ll demonstrate a passion for your craft, be self-motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- hands-on implementation and development with continuous integration, continuous deployment, infrastructure as code, and advanced monitoring tools running on Amazon Web Services.
- The services you build will involve a multitude of technologies, some of which may be new to you and enterprise integration.
- Around 6-10 years software engineering experience.
- Extensive experience building automation for devops deployment and management of cloud-based web applications or services enabled with some experience in developing multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Be responsible for building CI/CD pipelines including installation for all components in an end to end life sciences solution which is comprised of multiple software products.
- Design, development, and operation of all automation requirements to support the develop/test/deploy and other related devops processes.
- Contribute to the team’s roadmap and project planning process, partnering with stakeholders to develop business objectives and translate those into action.
- Proactively contribute towards Engineering excellence, innovative solutions and adoption of best practices within the engineering group aligned with the management direction.
- Work with system architects and dev team members to develop architecture and design documentation and align to application integration standards.
- Ensure efficiency, quality, resiliency of the applications and integrations.
- Monitoring and supporting the processes during the entire lifecycleContinuous integration and Continuous deployment with tools such as GoCD, Travis, GitHub Actions, AWS CodeDeploy, Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Production operations in support of web-based applications in a service oriented architecture
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering related field or relevant experience.
- The position will be NY/NJ Based in a hybrid remote /in-office mode
- You will be reporting to Director, Platform Engineering and Operations
Not required but nice to have:
- Developing services supporting mobile applications
- Clinical research knowledge or worked in a regulated environment
- AWS certification(s)
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $153,000.
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Medidata are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Medidata is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Medidata will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.