Senior Product Manager
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata Product Management team is looking for a smart, talented and very driven Senior Product Manager to be an integral part in the design and development of the new generation of Clinical Trial Management Systems that will simplify the operations and management of clinical trials, so that we can help to reduce the cost and accelerate the speed to market for key treatments with the aim of reaching more patients in need and faster than ever before.
The Senior Product Manager is a key role that leads the development of product requirements, as well as supporting management of cross-functional teams. This role will interface with customers, industry experts, product managers, engineers, project managers, architects, UX/UI, and domain experts to help drive innovation within a range of Medidata’s CTMS offering. The product is built primarily for external users and also integrates with other Medidata offerings to meet oversight and monitoring of the end to end activities in any clinical trial. The ultimate measure of success will be creation of innovative and scalable solutions that will be eagerly purchased and easily adopted by pharma companies and clinical research organizations of all sizes.
- Be the voice of the customer and lead the interactions and collaboration with product managers, internal subject matter experts, and end-users to understand and define the key problems, requirements, workflows, and define solutions
- Own the product strategy and vision, and maintain roadmaps, requirements, priorities and releases for the product.
- Define minimum viable product and establish criteria for success.
- Understand market trends, competitor forces, and regional and global industry regulations to discover opportunities.
- Perform analysis on technical, operational, and market considerations for new product development and differentiation.
- Abstract complex business and market challenges and be able to communicate to stakeholders on all organizational levels.
- Perform data-driven and cost-benefit analyses to recommend a plan of action and guide decision making to build and prioritize the product backlog.
- Ensure product direction alignment with internal and external customers, including sales, marketing, professional services, and the rest of the Medidata platform.
- Serve as the point of contact and product expert for internal and external customers.
- Work closely with User Experience designers to lead customer feedback sessions, preparing presentations and engaging end users effectively to define and validate innovative user experience flows and designs.
- Support and lead key internal cross-functional activities necessary for successful product release.
- Create presentations and demos to help train internal teams and educate customer users on new functionality
- Present roadmap to clients, manage client expectations, and address key pains to help sell to new clients while maintaining strong relationships with existing ones
- Review, prioritize, comment and follow-up on product defects
- Manage customer support relations and prioritisation of defects reported by customers as well as customer communications.
- Participate in client meetings and lead customer meeting preparation across multiple stakeholders.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive product decisions.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in an agile development environment.
- Executing qualitative and quantitative market research techniques
- Experience translating business needs to a technical team
- Experience translating technical needs to a business team
- Ability to manage work from teams of widely varying skills and levels.
- Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail with ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for development.
- Results-driven, data-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
- Strong mix of creativity, product instincts, technical acumen, with a good mind for monetization, and an intense focus on customer empathy
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of Clinical Trial Management System, best practice, regulatory requirements and technological landscape
- Previous experience as a Clinical Research Associate, Study Manager or equivalent position
- Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
- Experience managing complex enterprise solutions for large clients
- Experience working with Agile development teams preferred but not required
- Experience in Product Management preferred but not required