Senior Project Manager – Remote
SERVICES & CONSULTING
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Project Management Function is responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities and to ensure that Medidata is able to deliver quality projects and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources.
Effectively collaborate with internal and external resources to achieve project objectives
Lead large, complex projects and/or clients, which may include a program of projects
Lead project delivery to ensure that all deliverables are tracked and that documentation is current
Manage client expectations and communications, and ensure overall client satisfaction
Manage project scope, timelines, budget & milestones
Manage project financials including forecasting, project budget, and accuracy of invoicing
Create and maintain accurate and current project documentation
Raise and track work requests to other departments
Document minutes/action items during client and internal meetings; conduct appropriate follow-up
Manage issues and risks driving appropriate resolution and mitigation
Provide proactive communication to all stakeholders
Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies, quality management system
Support development of sales orders and change orders
Deliver workshops and lead client meetings
- Can work independently with little or no instruction for routine assignments, and minimal coaching/mentoring on more complex assignments
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate issue and risks thus minimizing escalations
- Ability to mentor other team members
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements which increase the value proposition to Medidata and the client
- Knowledge of Medidata (or similar) products commensurate with requirements of the specific role
- Preference for a basic understanding of clinical research (pharma/device/biotech) and of clinical research SaaS technology
- Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Exhibit time management skills along with strong collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in leading project teams and meeting project timelines
- Self-motivated and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
- Demonstrate basic computer skills
- Experience with the MS Office suite and/or other current software technologies
- Experience with creating and delivering presentations
Your Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent (analytic discipline a plus) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in clinical/biomedical and/ or software development environment preferred
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is 96,000- 124,391.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is 101,250 - 135,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is 94,500-126,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is 84,375 - 112,500.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is 85,000 - 125,587.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.