Senior Software Engineer
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata's R&D Team, which includes Cloud Engineering, Information Systems Security, Data Fabric and Mobile, builds platform infrastructure and advanced products to help companies bring new treatments to market. We are making amazing strides towards how new medicines are identified and developed by our clients (BioTechs and Pharmaceuticals for example) via Machine Learning, AI and other cutting-edge technologies
Medidata CTMS™ automates trial management and handles operational complexities with ease. We're different, and unlike legacy technology, because we were built in the cloud from the start and have been offering cloud CTMS for more than 15 years. Our CTMS is an open system that accepts clinical data from any source and centralizes it along with operational data established within the system's smart, configurable workflows—so you can make better-informed decisions that lower trial cost and risk.
As a Senior Applications Engineer - you will:
● Design, develop and manage software applications using engineering principles.
● Work with architects and other engineers and contribute actively to system architecture and design decisions.
● Implement and advocate good engineering practices for co-located and remote teams.
● Actively engage in code reviews to improve code quality and promote TDD/BDD approach
● Mentor junior engineers thorough understanding of Object-oriented and functional programming styles.
● Experience working in an enterprise setting using Java 8. Experience working with other JVM languages like Scala is -a nice to have.
● Working experience in relational databases.
● Working experience in developing applications using TDD, and BDD.
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment with Scrum/Agile project methodology. s
● Strong understanding of REST API Design, discovery, documentation and management.
● Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Travis, Jenkins
● Good knowledge of git and git-flow
● Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services
● Some experience with queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics
● Experience with webservers, load balancers and firewalls