Senior Staff Cloud Engineer – Open to Remote
Research & Development
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Our Team: The DevTools group at Medidata works on the continual development of our existing deployment and infrastructure automation tools. The role will also require coming up with new cutting-edge tools and workflows to manage an ever-growing number of applications, services, and data which comprise our Medidata Clinical Cloud SaaS solution.
Who we’re looking for: The candidate should be comfortable in executing the following tasks:
- Build and maintain deployment and infrastructure automation tools.
- Research new developments and technologies that could help us get code into production more quickly, safely and efficiently.
- Assist with the ongoing operations of our production systems.
- Configure and build monitoring and logging tools to monitor our applications and servers.
- Work with engineering teams to improve their use of our cloud resources.
- Ensure that our applications and services are horizontally scalable, highly available and are deployable with our existing tools.
- Act as the last line of support for difficult operational problems.
Requirements (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science (Preferred but not necessary)
- Any major programming language: 7 + years (Preferred)
- AWS: 5 + years (Preferred)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (preferred but not necessary, as we believe that if you are a good programmer, you can learn any language) - our current primary deployment tool is a Rails application
- Our main deployment workflow is built on ECS, EKS, and Docker
- AWS - using and helping others to use a wide range of AWS services.
- Improving our monitoring - as our services grow in number, we need help with instrumenting and monitoring them so that we can anticipate unhealthy conditions before they cause outages downstream.
- Some ops - your primary focus will be on building tools but sometimes you’ll be directly involved in operations.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems