Senior Systems Engineer
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Senior Systems Engineer / Analyst will assist in development of the holistic monitoring and SQL performance optimization (tuning) of solution for our enterprise as well as strategize, advise, build clinical data driven solutions.
- Designing, monitoring, alerting, and analysis of full stack logs and metrics, focusing on data extracts, reports, scripts and visualizations
- Assist in the design, code optimization, and implementation of monitoring solutions for our client-facing products
- Work with raw or aggregated data (statistics) for development and innovation purposes properly anonymize data sets that can be extracted and used in variety of use-case
- Integrate data sets (Building the capabilities of embedding of real-world data, synthetic controls into clinical development programs)
- Utilize multiple data collection modalities such as eCOA, Medication adherence devices, Wearable, Sensors
- Provide solution for handling strategies to: address illogical data directly from the source and how to “disqualify and/or flag” implausible data, identify and evaluate: data outliers, data trends such as the range, consistency, and data variability within and across sites
- Systematic or significant errors in data collection, potential data manipulation or data integrity problems
- Develop unique patient centric and data driven solutions to challenges in clinical trials today
- Develop clear and accurate best practices and internal training documentation.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exercises discretion and sound judgment; maintains confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively; demonstrates initiative
- Ability to make professional decisions based in accumulated knowledge of position responsibilities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment when required; high degree of tact
- Commitment to excellence
- Expert Experience with .net, SQL server, Ruby and MySQL technology stack with exposure to AWS, VMware at the minimum
- Demonstrated SQL Performance Optimization (tuning) experience.
- Demonstrated SQL best practices experience.
- Based upon experience and industry knowledge, the Senior Systems Engineer assists with development and maintenance of a cohesive technical strategy and roadmap.
- Effectively analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
Your Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Informatics, Computer Engineering or other Engineering discipline required; Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years working experience in the IT industry
- Experienced working on cross-functional teams/projects
- Clinical/Life Science background in preferrable
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to peers, executives, customers and junior staff.
- Strong hands-on personality, results-oriented, pragmatic, high quality standards, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in data modeling, wrangling and visualization
- Prepare the data for machine learning, feature selection, evaluate the performance of algorithms with resampling, machine learning algorithm performance metrics, familiar with classification and regression, automate machine learning workflows with algorithms, improve performance with Algorithm tuning and ensembles
- Understand the data with descriptive statistics & data visualizations
- Strong knowledge of SQL, NoSQL solutions, Python and the most common data management libraries (Pandas, PySpark)
- Knowledge of the most common data management platforms (Dataiku, Databricks, Datarobot, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) as well as knowledge of data streaming frameworks, Hadoop, Spark, Hive and other big data frameworks
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City / New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York / New Jersey, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $143,962.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata's non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.