Senior Training Specialist
People & Environment
United States - NY, New York
The primary responsibility of the Senior Training Specialist is to develop and deliver onsite and virtual industry training that delight internal Medidata employees. The Senior Training Specialist will own the development of a curriculum providing customers and internal employees an in depth understanding of the life sciences industry and clinical trials and align training development and delivery with the full complement of Medidata Global Education training portfolio: eLearning, videos, and instructor-led training.
Global Education Services - Senior Training Specialist (Core Curricula)
Specialization – Clinical Trial Industry, cross-product Medidata Solutions
The primary responsibility of the Senior Training Specialist is to develop and deliver onsite and virtual industry training that delight internal Medidata employees.
The Senior Training Specialist will own the development of a curriculum providing customers and internal employees an in-depth understanding of the life sciences industry and clinical trials and align training development and delivery with the full complement of Medidata Global Education training portfolio: eLearning, videos, and instructor-led training.
- LMS Enablement
- Leveraging LMS to delight the Voice of the Customer/Learner
- Create instructional user guides and SOPs
- LMS Policy Development
- Create/update policy for stakeholders using the LMS
- LMS Administration
- Learning Path Management
- Update/create Certifications & Curricula
- Training Development & Delivery
- Own Training development & delivery across all Training delivery modalities (onsite classroom, online webinars, micro-learning)
- Learn & reflect clinical trial industry knowledge, best practices, and proficiencies in your Training development & delivery
- Learn & apply standard Medidata guidelines, procedures, and processes for Training development & delivery, including LMS administration for your scope of work
- Learn & independently apply Medidata products and portfolio to the best practices clinical research process for training purposes
- Learn & reflect Medidata customer success stories, use cases, and value propositions to the development & delivery of Training
- Build & maintain productive and relevant channels, connections within Global Education and across Medidata
- Learn & deliver “Train the Trainer” sessions on new or enhanced products
- Promote learner interest and participation throughout training sessions; direct customers to Medidata representatives when upsell/expansion opportunities surface
- 4 years experience as a Customer Training Specialist developing and delivering product technical training to customer audiences
- Deep knowledge of the Life Sciences and clinical trial industry
- Demonstrated proficiency in core, global Technical Training competencies - from learner assessment through training plan development, learning content development, delivery, and VoC continuous improvement modeling
- Solid expertise leading training efforts in the clinical research process
- Expertise defining a technical training environment for a classroom and virtual delivery setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Articulate Storyline 360 or equivalent authoring tool
- Gather feedback about training/learning experiences, including survey development and assessment
- Ability to recognize and adjust training delivery across a diverse level of learners in a single session
- Self-motivated, innovative, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously - always in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and applied technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all employees throughout the organization - at all levels
- Strong Microsoft Office and G-Suite skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel requirement to cover onsite training may be up to 50%; international travel as necessary
- Ability to work from home or office as needed
- Demonstrated and agile core understanding of clinical trial industry, best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Clinical Trial industry role, Training Content Development, Training Delivery or equivalent scope of experience.
- Solid experience and expertise in the Clinical Trial industry is required.
- Medidata product knowledge or solutions expertise is desired.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $75,000- $85,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.