Senior Vice President, Technology & Product, Study Management & Clinical Operations
Research & Development
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps create the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and improve outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
In this role, you will be the owner for our clinical operations solutions including Payments, eTMF, and CTMS both internally and externally leading strategy, product, and engineering. This is a highly-visible role that will lead a large and global team. You will report to our CTO . You can be located in our UK office.
- Set Medidata’s overall clinical operations strategy including market positioning, definition of product portfolio, and oversight of execution, including P&L ownership
- Lead product and engineering teams to define, scope, and deliver high quality, competitive products to the market Work with marketing, sales, and finance to define market offering and support the build of pipeline
- Act as a Product expert and champion both with Customers. Join customer meetings, conferences, and other public events as a representative of Mediata
- Manage the Portfolio P&L
- Provide guidance to product managers in the specification and management of product development efforts and ensure product teams execute on plans and work within our cross-functional product management lifecycle framework to deliver against milestones, through collaboration with key internal stakeholder functional organizations.
- Oversee the scope and content of product releases, sets timelines for those releases, and works with your team to manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Establish formal Customer Engagement Programs to strengthen customer relationships and ensure flow of input into product strategy and product roadmaps
Your Education & Experience:
- Broad and strategic understanding of the clinical operations space
- Deep experience with CTMS best practices, regulatory requirements, and technological landscape
- Experience building / leading product development of SaaS solutions
- Leadership in product management, user experience teams and business analysis for large enterprise software
- Excellent product evangelism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires 15 years overall experience; 5 years’ experience in the healthcare/clinical field
- Requires 10 years of people and project management experience of 10+
- Requires experience in clinical operations and in the clinical trials space