ServiceNow Developer – Customer Support
United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The ServiceNow Developer will contribute to the Medidata Customer Support Team providing development support to our customers in the life sciences industry. The ServiceNow Developer will join the Support Operations Team to focus primarily on the implementation, configuration, and management of the workflows for issues, defects and support.
The ServiceNow Developer will be experienced with ServiceNow implementations of ITSM and ITOM and will have practical experience with the implications of sustaining those processes. The ServiceNow Developer will be part of the Customer Support project team focused on delivering successful customer outcomes on the ServiceNow platform.
Include, but not limited to:
- Implement ServiceNow platform capabilities specifically the ITSM and ITOM modules including form configuration, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, custom scripting and third-party software integrations.
- Work with the customer support team to ensure the configuration of ServiceNow meets their overall requirements including drafting technically focused user stories, acceptance criteria, testing strategy, and knowledge transfer.
- Identify potential “problem” areas within customer ServiceNow environments and provide advice on problem resolution.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and new ServiceNow offerings to enhance the usability of the ServiceNow Platform.
- The ServiceNow Developer will complete creditations.
- Maintain industry leading knowledge to understand all aspects of Software life-cycle – from licensing to purchasing to deployment to decommissioning.
- Learn and follow department standards to ensure all projects are conducted professionally, ethically, and in a manner consistent with quality standards. all work within agreed timescales and KPI’s.
- Assist Medidata Customer Support and cross-functional teams in managing project timelines and customer expectations.
- See themselves as part of the greater whole in meeting or exceeding business objectives on a regular basis, as well as assistance in driving key initiatives.
- Stay up to date on new ServiceNow product offerings, take on-going training and certification and ac
- Candidates will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years holding a position configuring and customizing ServiceNow projects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with common web technologies and networking (e.g. XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience implementing, configuring, and customizing ServiceNow including experience with common web technologies and networking (e.g. XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of relational databases, Directory service integration experience (Active Directory, LDAP, etc.), and knowledge of Single Sign-on using various authentication methods (token, SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit; a desire and willingness to “do whatever it takes”
- Preferred Skills/Qualifications
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist in two or more applications preferred
- Additional experience within the IT or Software Asset Management field
The ideal candidate will hold the following accreditations;
- ServiceNow System Administrator
- ServiceNow Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Implementation Methodology Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Platform Implementation
- ITSM all modules through to ITSM Professional
- CMDB and Vendor Portfolio Management
- ITOM module, focusing on Discovery and cloud management
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $66,000-100,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $69,750-93,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $62,250-
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $58,500-78,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $59,250-79,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.