Solution Consultant II
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata Solutions Consultants (pre-sales engineers) partner with Client Executives and Solution Sales Specialists to drive complex sales cycles across multiple stakeholders within large global clients. Solution Consultants are the technical counterparts in driving account/opportunity strategies, white space analyses, discovery conversations, presentations, demonstration and sale of all Medidata applications and services.
As a Solution Consultant you work closely with key stakeholders within the Sales account to establish and deliver on joint account strategy. This role is intended to focus on long-term success by mapping out mutual wins and directing operational teams towards optimal delivery, as well as educating on new aspects of how our products can further benefit the partner.
- Understand the customer's operational processes and objectives. Identify their challenges and pain points.
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer on our solution offerings and how they bring value and improvements to their processes.
- Close partnership with Sales to co-own and manage pre-sales activities.
- Formulate strategy for new accounts penetration as well as maintaining existing customers.
- Build strong customer relationships ensuring customer success.
- Prepare and perform product demonstrations. Lead technical discussions on our applications and solutions.
- Collaborate with Marketing on seminars, trade shows and marketing events and activities.
- Be the subject matter expert and present during these events.
- Assist with the completion of technical proposals for the customer.
- Assist Sales and Marketing to review technical documents.
- Be knowledgeable and up to date on our products and solutions.
- Familiar with current industry clinical trials trends, markets and development.
- Provide timely product and market updates to internal staff and customers.
- Support clients in the EMEA Region
Your Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of clinical trials processes (Clinical trial monitoring, data management, study start up, risk based quality management etc.) through a combination of industry experience and/or education
- Knowledge/Experience in pre-sales/sales engineering processes (Discovery, Demos, POCs, Value definition and modeling, RFP/RFI response)
- Experience and understanding of SaaS/Cloud technology
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a larger team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies (Challenger, TAS, R.A.D.A.R etc.)
- Must be able to travel extensively (up to 50%), including overnight