Solution Sales Specialist
China - SH, Shanghai
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As the subject matter expert for our clinical trial solution, you are the go-to domain expert, and the enabler for this area of our clinical trial solution offering.
Your expertise is critical in the product cycle to drive incremental growth for the organization.
You need to set the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata solution by working in concert with Product, Marketing, Market Development, Inside Sales and the Value teams. The Consultant will shape and help execute Medidata’s clinical solution go-to-market strategy.
- Leveraging your domain knowledge, you will be partnering with account managers to identify and close sales of our Clinical Cloud solution to achieve/exceed quarterly/annual goals.
- You're a collaborator - a team player, and will be working with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Product Strategy, Product Management and Professional Services to qualify opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata market share within this vertical
- As our solution enabler - you will work in concert with Account Managers to execute on sales strategies, in part, by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s solution directly to Sponsors and CROs.
- Assist and support Account managers and Market Development teams in speaking with prospective customer functional groups
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the Clinical Cloud Platform (including, but not limited to – webinars, conference attendance/presentation, customer and industry events)
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial industry
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a management-level
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent power point and sales contents development skills.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%
- Fluent English is required
Your Preferred Competencies:
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical consulting projects (preferred)
- Understanding of the drug development landscape (preferred)
- Knowledge of clinical trial related systems: EDC, RTSM, eCOA, etc.
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years experiences in the Biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D environment or
- 5+ years Process consulting experience in consulting company or
- 7+ Enterprise IT solution (Software such as ERP, SCM, ECM and PMS) consulting experience