Solution Sales Specialist, Connected Data
United States - CA, San Diego
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Sales Solution Specialist for our Connected Data team is responsible for the business development of Medidata’s platform offering to support our Connected Data Portfolio. This team works closely with life sciences companies and CROs to execute clinical trials that include our Connected Data Solutions. As a Connected Data Solution Specialist with Medidata, you are the primary resource responsible for prospecting, driving, owning, and closing sales across the Connected Data portfolio.
- Partner with Medidata Client Executives, Account Executives, and Partner Accounts across Medical Device to develop, maintain, and drive to closure a solution specific sales pipeline across the Connected Data Franchise in line with quarterly and yearly revenue
- Prospect and be accountable for identifying new business opportunities for Medidata.
- Assist the Team to plan and execute relevant and timely marketing activities - such as email campaigns, seminars, case studies, press releases, and white papers
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
- You are a true consultative sales professional, having gained this experience through SaaS technology solutions, implementation services, Imaging solutions into the Pharmaceutical and CRO industry
- You're an A-player - with multi-year track record of sales quota attainment
- Excellent rapport building skills – you are able to connect with stakeholders and influencers at all levels within the account and can demonstrate your experience working with and selling to senior client resources
- You understand that sales are not down to luck, it’s a process; you are well versed in adopting sales methodologies and following them through - particularly consultative, solution selling and/or Value selling principles.
- You'll be traveling - and are willing and able to do so domestically
- You're bringing your knowledge and experience to this role
- As well as your strong business planning and organizational skills, you’re a team player, collaboration is key and have a passion for the life sciences space
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of field sales experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $116,250 to $155,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.