Solution Sales Specialist, Medidata AI
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Sales Specialist – MEDIDATA AI (Intelligent Trials, Integrated Evidence) sales. The role will work closely with the MEDIDATA AI Leadership Team and Sales leaders as well as Sales Account Managers. This is a sophisticated data and analytics solutions sales role focused on solving pressing issues for life science companies performing clinical trials. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Medidata AI.
This position requires a poised and seasoned self-starter who can execute with minimal direction as well as take initiative; a builder who can create strong working relationships, processes, and outcomes; adept at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Use Competitive Intelligence to understand the strategic direction of clients and align/propose how Acorn solutions can help them achieve those goals.
- Professionally prepare for meetings, document outcomes, vision, and proposals for use with executives
- Comfortable dealing with and presenting to C-Suite level executives on business outcomes as well as data and analytics, machine learning, and AI solutions and approaches
- Contract and negotiations of complex arrangements, including co-sell and risk-based agreements
- Broaden the awareness and understanding and opportunity creation for Medidata AI working closely with Account Managers
- Drive increased pipeline of opportunities and therefore successfully meet quarterly, half, and annual sales objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with clinical trials, clinical research, and the life sciences industry dynamics and issues
- Experience with data analytics, machine learning, AI, and platforms for cloud
- Strong sense of customer focus, being able to meet needs of internal and external customers, understanding customer requirements, and responding appropriately in line with business objectives
- A creative, analytical, and intuitive marketer with strong attention to detail.
- Executive presentation skills
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to work autonomously on individual projects as well as in a team
- An effective communicator with experience leading teams and influencing stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences, or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience, with knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry. Experience with the clinical trial or clinical development areas is strongly preferred
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $116,250 - $155,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $123,000 - $164,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $116,250 - $154,750.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $105,000 - $140,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $116,250 - $154,750.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.