Solution Sales Specialist, Patient Cloud
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more atwww.medidata.com.
The Enterprise Solution Sales team members are sales representatives that take specific products to market through our Enterprise and Medical Device clients and prospects. They build relationships and act as product and domain experts for specific components of the Medidata Clinical Cloud to drive sales. Beyond driving incremental revenue for the organization, we set the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud by working in concert with R&D, Marketing (Field & Product), Market Development, Account Sales and the Value teams. The Solution Sales Specialist will help shape and execute Medidata’s eCOA go-to-market strategy for Enterprise organizations that Medidata serves.
- Primary responsibility is driving quarter over quarter incremental sales and revenue for Medidata’s eCOA business through our US based Enterprise sponsors
- Personal ownership of key deals, with responsibility to forecast, progress and close eCOA opportunities month by month and quarter by quarter
- Identify and upsell Enterprise bids to include our eCOA portfolio
- Build deep relationships with influential stakeholders to influence consistent inclusion of our eCOA offering within Enterprise bids
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Direct Sales and Account Managers to qualify opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata eCOA market share
- Work in concert with Global Account Manager teams to execute on sales strategies, in part, by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s eCOA solutions directly
- Assist and support Account managers and Business Development teams in speaking with prospective customer functional groups such as Clinical Finance, Clinical Operations, Data Management, Clinical Study Teams, IT, etc.
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the eCOA portfolio, including, but not limited to webinars, conference attendance and presentation, customer and industry events
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Product Marketing activities (including, but not limited to – white papers, press releases, case studies, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D process and sponsor landscape
- Software and services sales experience in the biopharma industry with a strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets. Selling experience and understanding of SaaS sales cycles is preferred
- Experience in eCOA
- Experience working with and selling to Enterprise clients
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a management-level.
- Perform qualification and discovery with new clients to drive pipeline growth by identifying scientific and business value for the client
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problem
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%
- Experience with sales forecasting, pipeline management, quarterly goal attainment, territory plan development
Your Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $116,250- $155,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $123,00- $164,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $116,250- $155,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $105,000- $140,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $116,250- $157,000
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.