Solution Sales Specialist – Patient Cloud
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Patient Cloud Solution Specialists team is responsible for the business development of Medidata’s platform offering to support eCOA, eConsent, myMedidata LIVE, myMedidata Registries, and Sensor Cloud. This team works closely with life sciences companies and CROs to execute clinical trials that include these Patient Cloud products, fully or as standalone solutions. As a Patient Cloud Solution Sales Specialist with Medidata, you are the primary resource responsible for driving, prospecting and closing sales.
- Primary responsibility is driving quarter over quarter incremental sales and revenue for Medidata’s Patient Cloud business
- Personal ownership of key deals, with responsibility to forecast, progress, and close Patient Cloud opportunities month-by-month and quarter-by-quarter
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Partner teams and Account Managers to qualify opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata Patient Cloud market share
- Work in concert with Global and Regional Account Managers and Partner teams to execute on sales strategies, in part, by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s Patient Cloud solutions directly to Partners, and support Partner Bid Defense Meetings as needed
- Assist and support Account managers and Business Development teams in speaking with prospective customer functional groups such as Clinical Finance, Clinical Operations, Data Management, Clinical Study Teams, IT, etc.
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the Patient Cloud portfolio, including, but not limited to webinars, conference attendance and presentation, customer and industry events
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Product Marketing activities (including, but not limited to – white papers, press releases, case studies, etc.)
- Design the talk tracks for email and cold call campaigns to be used by both Inside Sales and Market Development
- Work alongside Global Learning & Development to develop and deliver training offerings to scale the solution area with the direct sales force
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D process and the CRO landscape
- Software and services sales experience in the biopharma industry with a strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets. Selling experience and understanding of SaaS sales cycles is preferred
- Experience in eCOA, eConsent, Medical Devices, and Telemedicine
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at the management level.
- Perform qualification and discovery with new clients to drive pipeline growth by identifying scientific and business value for the client
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problem
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50%
Your Education & Experience:
- Relevant field sales experience