Sr Data Science Engineer
Research & Development
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As the CTFM Data Science Engineer, you will support the Clinical Trial Financial Management applications to develop processes to analyze internal & external data, extract raw data, transform, design consumption models, and assume the lead front-end (UI/UX) data engineer responsibilities.
- Create advanced statistical modeling techniques to develop descriptive, predictive, diagnostic, and prescriptive models that improve various business outcome indicators for our clients.
- Perform data processing and data migration, data analysis, visualization, and reporting
- Develop connections to databases and queries to simplify data acquisition
- Develop scripts that process file-based data sets for use within analysis tools
- Design, develop, and test statistical and machine learning models
- Engage in fundamental research to develop novel solutions
- Develop codes or general tools for possible machine learning projects
- Assist various tasks in the end-to-end process of project execution
- Lead front-end (UI/UX) engineer for CTFM Data to products initiatives
- The CTFM Data Science Engineer collaborates with the data strategy and CTFM product teams to execute our Clinical Trial Financial Management Product data and analytics. The CTFM Data Science Engineer will collaborate and execute data strategy and analytics and data UI/UX across the entire portfolio of Medidata’s CTFM solutions, many of which rely on the core product platform capabilities and services. He/she will contribute to the vision, translate that vision into detailed data roadmaps, and work cross-functionally to drive and execute data and analytic-specific product initiatives aligned to the product lifecycles and roadmaps.
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- UI/UX experience is desirable
- Life Sciences experience is desirable.
- Finance experience is desirable.
- Proficient in:
- Front-end (UI/UX) engineering
- Python, JVM (Java, Scala)
- Developing data pipelines and data-driven services using modern cloud solutions
- RDBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Snowflake
- Experience with:
- Developing web API patterns and protocols, REST, GraphQL
- Python tools: Django/Flask, SciPy/Sklearn, numPy/Pandas
- NoSQL: Dynamo, Cassandra, Hbase, Redis or similar
- Clustering / distributed systems: ELK, Kafka, Storm, Spark, RabbitMQ
- Machine Learning / Data Modeling
- UNIX tools, OS, Stack
- Familiarity in:
- Containerized applications, Docker, Kubernetes
- IaaS and platform vendors, AWS stack
- Serverless technologies, AWS lambda
- CI/CD and automated testing harnesses and infrastructure
- Agile software development, revision control, collaboration, and build tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Git
- Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows
- Maturity and skill in working with senior executives, customers, and sales teams to align on goals and work through business challenges
- Expertise in using metrics and data & product performance measurement to demonstrate value through each stage of the data and customer journey
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a complex environment