Sr. Director Strategy & Transformation, EU (Remote US or Remote UK)
United States - NJ, Iselin
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together!!
Responsible for driving the vision and focus of Medidata’s Strategy & Transformation Team. Create consulting offerings that support our customers efforts on platform implementations, digital transformations and analytically driven operating models. Proactively identify and cultivate business opportunities that support the adoption and optimization of the Medidata Clinical Cloud.
- Engage with senior level clients to collaborate on solutions and approaches to improve and grow their ability to meet business objectives.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and form "trusted mentor" relationships to influence at all levels of client organizations, including C-Suite personnel
- Drive consulting excellence by identifying and implementing industry best practice, best-in-class consulting methodologies.
- Facilitate turning ideas and initiatives into tangible results for both internal and external customers
- Effectively operate and be comfortable working with undefined criteria (gray space) to create defined deliverables.
- Drive adoption and use of creative problem-solving practices, that focus on human centered solutions and outcomes.
- Work in collaboration with Sales and Marketing teams to create demand and preference for our consulting services.
- Identify consulting offerings that support digital transformations and analytically driven operating models.
- Ensure the strategic recommendations and creative deliverables surpass client expectations.
- Maintain referenceable clients from beginning to end of the project life cycle
- Participates in direct customer and sales support
- Design and lead key Change Management programs for major, large-scale change initiatives
- Strategize on process design and implementation, evaluate people readiness (roles, talent), assess existing processes/SOPs, provide guidance on rewards/incentives and personnel/leadership commitment plans
- Define adoption, performance metrics and communication plan guidance
- Establish roll-out strategies collaborating with key stakeholders to gain input, improve CM plans and support marketing strategies
- Select and manage third parties to support implementation of Strategic Consulting programs
- Manage direct reports – if applicable (i.e., hires, trains, appraises rewards, motivates, disciplines, creates Performance Improvement Plans, recommends termination as necessary, etc.)
Collaborate as an active team member with other products and services departments, as well as Sales, Customer Success, People Team and Product Development as necessary
Your Education & Experience:
∙ A minimum of 15+ years of related experience with significant experience managing complex consulting engagements (Clinical Industry/Life Sciences experience a must. SaaS experience, IT/Software experience a plus)
∙ Proven consulting and engagement management skills and prior consulting experience a must.
∙ Deep understanding of Clinical Development, Data Management and Analytics, required
∙ Expert knowledge and experience in consulting practices and methodologies.
∙ Superior project and customer management skills
∙ Graduate degree in related field preferred
- Significant business development experience
∙ Technically savvy. Able to understand modern complex technical environments. Ability to become a ‘super-user’ of Medidata’s product
∙Superior written and verbal communication skills with executive presence
∙ Expert in MS office software
∙ Expert Knowledge of data and tools used to manage customer service organizations
∙ Experience working in a matrix environment
∙ Willingness to travel 50+%
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 20,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Covid 19 Statement
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.