United States - CA, San Francisco
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Our team is responsible for the test automation strategy and framework for our Data Fabric suite of products or services. You will be a vital part of the engineering team, to deliver mission critical software.
Who we are looking for:
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you are responsible for the test automation strategy and framework using the Robot Framework for Patient facing products, such as myMedidata Registry and eConsent. You will develop and maintain UI and API tests. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with Testing, Engineering, Product and Project Management to create test automation to support a new generation of software solutions for Medidata. You will participate in execution and team adoption of testing, automation tools and best practices.
- Advocate for and apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, automated infrastructure and observability.
- Use test driven strategies to ensure code quality, and collaborate with the team to ensure feature quality.
- Leverage agile methodologies to anticipate and mitigate risks, ensure team health and manage complex tasks.
- Be self motivated and eager to engage in high impact, challenging engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
- 5+ years test automation experience of web or mobile applications or services.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Cucumber, Robot, Selenium, Cypress, SpecFlow, etc.
- Advanced skills in test automation design and coverage.
- Experience with API, UI, Database Test automation.
- Experience working with code repositories such as GitHub.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Travis, GoCD.
- Experience with TDD and BDD.
- Experience with Context Driven and Session Based testing.
- Ability to see the big picture from the user perspective.
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Be a strong and positive voice in the Scrum meetings, contribute to Scrum artifacts.
- Define and advocate good testing and automation practices to the team.
Your Education & Experience:
- Test automation tools
- Postgres and/or MySQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, related field or relevant experience
- Full-stack design, development, and operation of web application test automation
- AWS Experience
- ETL testing and API workflows
- Statistical Analysis
- Clinical research experience or work in a regulated environment
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.