Staff Applications Engineer (.NET)
Japan - Tokyo
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Senior/Staff Applications Engineer, you will be building the products used every day by our customers around the world. You'll also create and contribute to tools relied upon by all internal engineering teams and customer-facing functions at Medidata. Quality and standards matter to us - we strive to positively influence the Technology organization through close collaboration with other teams and attention to detail when contributing to shared projects. While our projects are diverse (observability tools and services, clinical trial data capture, regulated content management, clinical trial management, and much more), our mission remains constant - improve Medidata’s velocity of innovation so we can help our customers power smarter treatments and healthier people.
● Write, debug, and deploy frontend and backend code using a variety of programming languages and frameworks. Primarily focusing on C# .NET and SQL.
● Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability
● Create maintainable code through refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review practices
● Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
● Advocate for transparency and knowledge sharing across the organization through regular blogs, reveals, and pull requests.
● Delight our users by driving consistent improvement from internal user feedback
● Create clear, thorough documentation that sets up other teams for self-guided success
● Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
● Able to troubleshoot and debug microservices using distributed systems tracing, SumoLogic and other APMs, & log aggregating and reporting tools
● Capable of developing useful modules and shared libraries (nugets, modules, packages, & lambda layers) to solve common problems across projects.
● Technical competency in creating or implementing middleware for tracing/observability, authentication/security, and service request & response monitoring libraries
● Amazon Web Services (AWS): understanding of its infrastructure and platform tools, awareness of its limitations, and ability to identify challenges due to scale, user geolocation, or usage patterns
● Experienced in setting up automated functional, load/performance and UI tests a plus
● Containerized microservices and Kubernetes/Helm deployments.
Your Education & Experience:
● 5+ years experience with .NET
● 5+ years experience developing and maintaining production applications
● B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
● Experience using AWS cloud infrastructure and technologies, or other cloud technologies.
● Experience working in a regulated environment or with clinical research processes a plus