Staff DevOps Engineer
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
- As a Staff DevOps Engineer, you will be building solutions to support infrastructure automation, faster, smaller, and safer deployments through Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD pipelines. Our mission remains constant - improve Medidata's velocity of innovation so we can help our customers power smarter treatments and healthier people.
- Write terraform modules to build and manage Infrastructure as Code.
- Engage with Engineering teams to support application deployments, CI/CD pipelines and migration towards infrastructure as code.
- Implement enhanced logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions.
- Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity and maintainability.
- Advocate for transparency and knowledge sharing across the organization through regular blogs, reveals, and pull requests.
- Create clear, thorough documentation that sets up other teams for self-guided success.
- Follow Medidata's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
Hands-on implementation and development with continuous integration, continuous deployment, infrastructure as code, and advanced monitoring tools running on Amazon Web Services. The services you build will enable seamless deployment and management of cloud-base systems that make up Medidata's solutions. You will also design how features should be implemented and help determine the best architecture to use in each situation. Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience automating build, test, deployment of applications.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies, preferably docker and kubernetes.
- Design, development, and operation of all automation requirements to support the develop/test/deploy process.
- Contribute to the team's roadmap and project planning process, partnering with stakeholders to develop business objectives and translate those into action.
- CI/CD, IAC, configuration management with tools such as GoCD, Travis, GitHub Actions, Terraform, Ansible and AWS CDK.
- Production operations in support of applications and cloud infrastructure.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $135,000 – 165,908.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.