Staff Test Automation Architect (Mobile) – Open to Remote
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies.
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Who we are looking for:
As a Staff Test Automation Architect, you are responsible for the test automation strategy and framework used for verifying Patient facing products, such as Mobile app's and Backend Services. You will work in a collaborative environment with Testing, Engineering, Product and Project Management to create test automation to support a new generation of software solutions for Medidata. You will participate in execution and team adoption of testing, automation tools and best practices. You are a hands-on person with the ability to act as the sole responsible tester, in some cases, and move from project to project: testing, evaluating the testing or organizing people in other roles to do testing, in other cases. You may work on one or more projects at the same time. This is more of a strategic and time-sensitive role, a Staff Test Automation Architect must evaluate features, and be able to automate features. We are looking for the skills and temperament needed to work in a self-managed fashion, on often intense projects. You will report to Test Engineering Manager.
You will also define strategy on test automation and provide leadership across teams on the portfolio/product line.
Design automation framework and tools.
Lead other SDET’s on the team - Coach, mentor and lead Automation Roadmap.
Design test automation for Mobile apps.
Improve automation, increase testing coverage, and enhance performance testing.
Improve test reporting.
Collaborate with other software teams to create integrated automation platforms.
Build CI/CD pipelines
Support our internal R&D test groups in maintaining and improving tools and infrastructure to build and test frameworks for different needs.
Coordinate construction of testing plans, samples, and documentation with our global software production, documentation, and remote offshore engineering teams.
Lead retrospective analysis of activities and advocate for process improvement.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or MS with 8 years of experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have minimum 5+ years of experience working with Mobile Automation
- Experience working with modern full-stack applications such as MicroFrontend .
- Experience using Github
- Experience in white box testing
- Experience designing test suites for testing RESTful HTTP APIs using Robot Framework
- Experience using modern ORMs to query relational databases.
- Experience with relational database models and writing SQL; preferably PostgreSQL.
- Experience writing unit tests, component tests, and end-to-end tests; preferably Jest and Cypress.
- Experience using AWS Cloud resources; e.g. S3, SNS/SQS, ElastiCache, etc.
- Experience with the Agile operational practices.
- Experience documenting technical systems and user workflows.
- Experience communicating with application users to understand and collect their requirements and requests.
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $114,750 - $141,488.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $121,500 - $162,000.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $113,250 - $151,000.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $101,250 - $135,000.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $102,750 - $137,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.