Strategic Finance Director (Hybrid)
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
As a Strategic Finance Director, you directly impact the future of a high growth business unit within Medidata. You will partner directly with executives to provide financial leadership, analytical insights, financial strategy, M&A advice, and drive operational rigor. This role will also own all aspects of financial planning & reporting, budget management, strategic long range planning, M&A financial due diligence and integration, competitive benchmarking and other cross functional initiatives. Ultimately, you are the finance leader of this business unit, and will be entrusted to deliver insights and recommendations that allow us to make the right decisions to propel the business forward.
To support the day-to day financial operations of your business unit, you will:
- Be a trusted finance business partner to leaders of assigned business areas and lead their budgeting, forecasting, long term planning, and analytical insights reporting.
- Prepare and lead the quarterly review of results meetings, which includes the business unit leaders, Medidata CEOs, CFO, and Finance leadership team. As part of these meetings, you will provide transparency into financial results and outlook, while also collaborating with cross functional teams (commercial finance, pricing, sales, business operations, R&D, delivery) to provide a comprehensive update and direction of the business.
- Provide transparency into actual results and forward-looking analyses, including foresight into investment needs, margin trends, and deviation from targets.
- Analyze historical performance to understand trends and key drivers. Make recommendations to improve performance and processes based on findings, and support the business in executing against the initiatives.
- Advance the strategic finance operating rigor with a focus on clear processes, automation, and organization wide support
To support the strategic initiatives, you will :
- Articulate our strategy, vision, and operating model to support internal and external investor relation presentations.
- Design, prepare, and own key analytics initiatives such as business/economic/financial modeling, product/competitive landscape benchmarking, TAM analysis, and other data-driven analysis.
- Own the finance due diligence for all new business initiatives, including acquisition targets and post merger finance integrations.
- Work independently and continually push yourself and the business unit to explore new territories, while partnering cross functionally and within Finance to drive deeper understanding and support on key initiatives.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in management consulting, and/or corporate finance with consistent track record of success
- Extraordinary financial modeling, business intelligence, and powerpoint skills
- Excellent communication / cross functional collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships across the organization, communicating and presenting ideas clearly to management and influencing decision making
- Must be a proactive and highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and humble team-player with no ego
- Demonstrated ability to turn financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions
- Obsessed with continuous process improvement, driving growth and scale
- Assertive but collaborative; not afraid to challenge status quo and bring the rest of the organization along the journey
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $157,500 to $210,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most