Summer Intern – People Analytics
Internship, People & Environment
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 22, 2023, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
Please note that this internship will be for the Summer of 2023 and on-site several days a week at our office in NYC. We are seeking an intern to join the People Analytics team to help promote our enterprise-wide strategic goals and initiatives. During the internship, you will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business. You will engage with varied stakeholders, and gain exposure to other functions of HR and the business. During your internship, you will pair with the Senior Director of HR Tech and Analytics to:
- Create quarterly talent insights business reports
- Design infographics/scorecards, PowerPoint/Google Slides templates, etc. to effectively present and report out on the impact of various Talent initiatives/effort
- Develop Tableau dashboards using techniques for advanced analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story within the data and generate actionable insights
- Research external benchmarks for Talent KPIs and metrics
- Support additional special projects, as assigned
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or other related reporting and analytic tools
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- An interest in life sciences and/or human resources is a plus.
- Rising or graduating senior from a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Student.
- Concentration or experience in data science, analytics
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base hourly pay range for this position is $25.00 with a $3,500.00 sign on bonus.